Re: I wish to help

From: Andy Walter
Subject: Re: I wish to help
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 10:41:52 +0200

On Tuesday 05 November 2002 00:56, Brian Jones wrote:
> Andy, it does not seem like it will be possible to do a complete merge
> as originally hoped.  Even so, it should be possible to work with you
> to include your necessary pieces that provide greater embedded
> functionality.

Yes, of course. Since everybody seems interested in it, I look forward to a
common peer layer. Graphics is not the most urgent thing for us and there are
two important fairs for us in november, so it will probably last until
december/january until we do something more in concerns of AWT.

> I'm still waiting to hear more back from you regarding
> how you'd like to handle the legal arrangement, hopefully you've
> engaged the FSF legal staff to negotiate something acceptable.

Sorry for not updating you on this matter. I had some questions concerning
copyright notes which the "FSF Copyright Clerk" Dave Turner answered quite
well. He assured me that our customers do not have to mention the Classpath
license in their product.

After Dave Turner could convince me that we probably can sign the unchanged
contract you've send me, I gave it to our lawyer on friday, together with a
stack of other contracts which he should read and comment on.

I'm sorry that the whole procedure takes that long, but we don't have a lawyer
in the company itself and we at least want an external one to read each and
every contract before we sign it. Provided he doesn't find a problem, I hope
that we could sign it within the next two weeks.

Cheers,

        Andy.

--
aicas GmbH * Hoepfner Burg                       /"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
Haid-und-Neu-Straße 18 * 76131 Karlsruhe         \ /  No HTML or RTF in mail