Re: Wonka & Classpath

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Wonka & Classpath
Date: 12 Nov 2002 09:14:27 -0700

>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Gray <address@hidden> writes:

Chris> However, I still see a lot to be gained by agreeing on a common
Chris> interface between the java.awt classes and their peers: there
Chris> is almost no documentation available from the shining light at
Chris> the centre of our universe, so currently we are just
Chris> improvising.  If Classpath were to propose an interface then we
Chris> would certainly be willing to review and eventually adopt it;
Chris> in fact we could probably help with the preparation of the
Chris> proposal.

There are already peer interfaces in Classpath.  They aren't
documented extensively.  And, when I've occasionally worked on AWT,
I've sometimes found it necessary to change the interfaces to suit.

Nevertheless I think they make a reasonable starting point.  Further
nailing down the API would definitely be worthwhile.  I think this
could take the form of javadoc patches to java.awt.peer.*.

Tom