Re: mauve results posted nightly

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Re: mauve results posted nightly
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 10:37:05 -0500

Brian Jones wrote:
Stuart Ballard <address@hidden> writes:

Couple of requests regarding the japitools output:

1) Could you modify your scripts to use the -q option to japicompat to
turn off progress indicators, and redirect only stdout, not stderr, to
the file that you publish?

Done.

Looks much better :)

2) Would you consider publishing the classpath.japi.gz file that's
generated nightly?

Done.

Cool, I'll see if I can throw together an experimental nightly HTML-generating script in the next couple of days...

You can see the kind of output I'm currently getting at http://rainbow.netreach.net/~sballard/japi/htmlout/h-jdk11-kaffe.html and http://rainbow.netreach.net/~sballard/japi/htmlout/h-jdk12-kaffe.html .

NOTE: This is not an accurate representation of the state of Kaffe - not only is my kaffe.japi well out of date, it was also generated by a japitools version that had some bugs resulting in bogus errors. I expect the results with current kaffe would be much, much better.

You'll notice there are some important things still missing, like the actual errors themselves :) The bar graphs work in Mozilla, look wrong in NS4.x due to my not having yet figured out a good way to get NS4 to display a 1px wide table cell, and are untested in all other browsers.

Adding something like this to classpath should allow the
japitools output to be generated on a machine with no non-free code
installed.

I would suppose that eventually a VM + classpath could run it anyway.

Well, that was my point - my understanding is that it currently fails due to the fact that neither Classpath nor Kaffe have a working implementation of TreeSet.subSet(). I proposed a hacky implementation of subMap (which subSet depends on) that would be sufficient to give Japize a fighting chance of running. I think that subSet is the only part of *my* code that free VMs can't currently handle; I'm not sure whether they can handle Jode or not though.

Stuart.

--
Stuart Ballard, Programmer
NetReach - Internet Solutions