Finding .security files

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Finding .security files
Date: 14 Nov 2002 13:19:14 -0700

Today I fixed a buglet in libgcj relating to finding the .security
files.

The current code looks like this:

    loadProviders(System.getProperty("java.home"),
                  System.getProperty("java.vm.name"));
    loadProviders(System.getProperty("gnu.classpath.home"), "classpath");

Now, we define java.vm.name as "GNU libgcj", which we'd really rather
not use as a directory name (and which we'd rather not change).  So
one idea I had here was to change this code to remove everything up to
and including the first space.  This is sort of ugly, but will get us
what we want.

Also, for some installs of libgcj it would be more appropriate not to
look for a file at all.  For instance an embedded system may not have
a filesystem.  One thought here was to have a way to provide Classpath
with a base URL to which the appropriate names could be added.  Then
for embedded systems we could use a libgcj-style "core:/" URL to find
the security providers.

Any comments here?  Other ideas?

Tom