Re: [Kissme-general] Re: build failure

From: Stephen Crawley
Subject: Re: [Kissme-general] Re: build failure
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 01:47:14 +1000

I wrote:
> I can confirm that increasing the heap size is causing segfaults :-(
>
> For example, compiling kissme with -O0 and running the mauve regression
> suite with --heap 50M is giving me segfaults in the garbage collector.
> The GC is finding a bad OBREF in a static field.

I've fixed a Kissme GC bug that was causing segfaults with larger heap
size.

Basicly, the GC was not paying attention to a static field's type
when deciding whether or not to mark it.  Instead, it was just testing
it against the lower and upper addresses of the handle spaces.  The
chance of a scalar having the same bit value as an OBREF increases in
proportion with the handle space size.  The latter is (by default)
proportional to the heap size.

-- Steve