Re: mauve results posted nightly

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: mauve results posted nightly
Date: 20 Nov 2002 18:40:50 -0500

Stuart Ballard <address@hidden> writes:

> Tom Tromey wrote:
> > This is very nice.  Thanks!
>
> It's great fun working on it and making "pretty colored" output :)
>
> > Yes.  It is especially difficult since I think we're targeting 1.4
> > right now.  (We certainly have a lot of 1.4 code in the tree.)
> > Differences against 1.[123] are therefore less interesting.
> > Still, what exists right now is definitely useful.
>
> I don't think it should take long for someone with the Jode source
> code (jode.sourceforge.net) and a computer capable of running it to
> diagnose exactly where Jode is failing and why, and fix it. I think
> it's just a classfile-version check which needs the "number to compare
> against" upped. But since my computer can't even run it, I can't do
> that work myself :(

I debugged the 1.4 problem earlier and posted about it I think, ie the
line of source and what file throws the exception... but I'm not a
class file expert and I don't know what else was added in 1.4 that
should result in additions to Jode other than this version check.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>
http://www.haphazard.org/~cbj/