Re: What's missing?

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: What's missing?
Date: 21 Nov 2002 01:04:41 -0500

Nic Ferrier <address@hidden> writes:

> What about gnu jaxp? dammit - we spent a long time working on this
> and licensing it in the correct way.
>
> For goodness sake use it.
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/classpathx

Sorry Nic, I've not been keeping up with classpathx.  These packages
are part of the core libraries, the standard java platform, and I'd
like to distribute them with Classpath releases.  Do you see any
problem with doing this?  Some CVS magic to link this classpathx
module into classpath's tree would be nice.

> > javax.sound - Gnu LGPL, perhaps better to write these interfaces
> > ourselves but point to tritonus for the native pieces
>
> Tritonus were talking to me about making their stuff part of the
> ClasspathX project. They seemed to go quiet after a while though.

Yeah, I read the thread via google.  It definitely sort of died off.

> > org.w3c - Good code and javadoc abounds!  But what about the
> > license?
>
> Already resolved this issue. See the gnu jaxp stuff.
>
> > org.xml.sax - Public domain folks.  Import away.
>
> Already packaged it up. See the gnu jaxp stuff.

Decided to subscribe to the classpathx mailing list so I can stay up
to date on these things.  I'm glad someone has already done this work.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>
http://www.haphazard.org/~cbj/