Re: classpath ./ChangeLog ./THANKYOU java/util/Reso...

From: Julian Dolby
Subject: Re: classpath ./ChangeLog ./THANKYOU java/util/Reso...
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 14:24:05 -0500

Unfortunately, that change is a workaround for a bug in our optimizing
compiler.  It should become unnecessary at  some point (i.e. I do intend to
ifx this problem) but it would be great if it could left in for now.

      Thanks,
            Julian

                      Tom Tromey

                      <address@hidden        To:       Brian Jones
<address@hidden>
                      m>                       cc:       Classpath Discussion
Mailing List
                                                <address@hidden>, Julian
Dolby/Watson/address@hidden
                      01/06/03 05:03 PM        Subject:  Re: classpath
./ChangeLog ./THANKYOU
                      Please respond to         java/util/Reso...

                      tromey

Brian> This is true, but the code is harmless and I was inclined to
Brian> believe necessary for JRVM for some reason.  If it isn't needed
Brian> (Dolby?) then surely revert that part.

I've got the patch here.  I'll check it in after a couple days if I
don't hear anything.

Tom