Re: 0.05 Update [was Re: 0.05]

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: 0.05 Update [was Re: 0.05]
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 15:17:57 -0800 (PST)

Hi Brian,

--- Brian Jones <address@hidden> wrote:
> Brian Jones <address@hidden> writes:

> > * Bugs 744, 835, 1190, 1966 (this is all the bugs)
> on Savannah
>
> And 2105.  A bug in TreeMap.sucessor reported by
> Dalibor Topic was
> fixed by Eric.  Thanks Eric!

I'll look into some other Classpath-vs-Kaffe
collections issues, and post bug reports if I find
any.

> > * Resolve javax.sound - http://tritonus.org/
>
> Want to try this out and hopefully point users to
> it.

I've merged it into kaffe last week ;). It works,
except for some issues with MIDI that are getting
resolved. Matthias Pfisterer has just added the
missing bits from the API spec, which will come into
kaffe's CVS tomorrow, I hope.

> > * Resolve the org.omg.* issues and implement
> whatever we decide.
> >   Currently, this is something I need to followup
> on.

I was thinking about merging in bits from JacORB into
kaffe eventually. Is that the implementation you are
going to use?

BTW, has anyone looket at the FreeHEP Java libraries?
They seem to have implemented a lot of pure java image
codecs. That might provide an interesting way to
implement javax.imageio plugins in the long run.

Also, I think it could be possible to use JTidy to
implement parts of javax.swing.text.html, if someone
wants to do it. Or to use GNU JAXP, but I'd guess that
JTydy would be a more failure tolerant solution.

best regards,
dalibor topic