Swing/Graphics2D

From: Artur Biesiadowski
Subject: Swing/Graphics2D
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 01:23:48 +0100

Brian Jones wrote:

Swing is nearly as big as all of the rest of JDK 1.1, and I think
newer versions of Swing rely on Java2D as well which is also going to
be a huge project of its own.

AFAIK, they make only minimal usage of advanced Graphics2D capabilities - they have done it for speed (only trivial operations are hardware accelerated and they wanted to stay on safe side).

BTW, do you know about ANY real-world program which actually used custom Composite implementation ? Or custom Paint implementation ? I'm really angry at all this Raster stuff - it makes hardware acceleration of most things really hard.

Artur