Re: classpath ./ChangeLog gnu/classpath/Configurati...

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: classpath ./ChangeLog gnu/classpath/Configurati...
Date: 18 Jan 2003 01:22:17 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, 2003-01-18 at 00:18, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Log message:
>       * java/awt/Toolkit.java (default_toolkit_name): Use AWT_TOOLKIT.
>       * gnu/classpath/Configuration.java.in (AWT_TOOLKIT): New
>       constant.

I don't think this is the best way to do this. I would prefer to have
this constant hardcoded in java.awt.Toolkit (since it is the default
value for a plain Classpath implementation) and document that VMs that
use a different default AWT Toolkit implementation must make sure to
override the awt.toolkit System property. (We should add a method
addDefaultVMProperties() to java.lang.VMSystem for this.)

IMHO gnu.classpath.Configuration should only contain hardcoded compile
time constant that are usefull for every VM. This is currently not
completely the case but I would prefer not adding new VM specific
constant to that class.