Re: 0.05 Update [was Re: 0.05]

From: John Leuner
Subject: Re: 0.05 Update [was Re: 0.05]
Date: 28 Jan 2003 11:39:54 +0000

> > 722     ignore supported timeout...     2002-Nov-26 10:10       mark
> > 728     fixes to sorting arrays         2002-Nov-26 11:08       jewel
>
> With no objections these patches will not be integrated before the
> release.

Julian, do you have any more information about these patches? I looked
at the various documentation for SO_TIMEOUT on my Debian system and
didn't see any mention of it. But it also didn't say that it isn't
supported.

Is the patched behaviour necessary for JRVM to work correctly?

I tried to generate a case where the current sorting routines break (by
generating random sequences), but I never once got it to fail. Would it
be difficult for you to repeat the process where you got Eclipse to
fail?

John Leuner