Jikes RVM & mauve tests

From: David P Grove
Subject: Jikes RVM & mauve tests
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 17:57:29 -0500

Hi,

      I've been experimenting a little bit with running Mauve tests on top
of Jikes RVM and GNU Classpath.  This generally does pretty well, except
that there are massive failures on java.lang.Character.unicode ("make check
KEYS=!java. java.lang.Character" yields 136460 of 3603803 tests failed).
Before looking into this further, I just wanted to verify that the
classpath libraries are expected to pass these tests.
      On the bright side, "make check KEYS=!java.net
!java.lang.Character.unicode" yields 127 of 2017 tests failed.  Roughly
half of these failures are because Jikes RVM has never bothered to
implement thread priorities (easily fixed).

      I excluded java.net because of the following javac compilation
problem...is this expected?
public class TestSocketImplFactory
       ^
gnu/testlet/java/net/Socket/SocketTest.java:203: Socket() has protected
access in java.net.Socket
      sock = new Socket (); // unconnected socket

thanks,

--dave