Re: gcj 3.2.1

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: gcj 3.2.1
Date: 25 Feb 2003 23:04:06 -0500

Tom Tromey <address@hidden> writes:

> Brian> I've noticed I cannot compile CVS with gcj 3.2.1, is any other
> Brian> version capable?
>
> How does gcj 3.2 fail on CVS Classpath?  Maybe that can help guide us.

Appears to not be capable of handling
java.text.AttributedCharacterIterator, an interface containing a
non-abstract static inner class.  But there hasn't been a change to
this class in quite a while.  This gcj I'm using is from a Red Hat 8.1
beta so I wanted to see if anyone else had similar problems.  I tried
playing with the import statement in java.awt.font.TextAttribute to no
avail.

address@hidden build]$ make
Making all in lib
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/cbj/cvs/classpath/build/lib'
top_builddir=.. /bin/sh ./gen-classlist.sh standard
/usr/bin/gcj --bootclasspath '' -classpath
../..:../../external/jaxp/source:../vm/current:.: -C -d . @classes
../../java/awt/font/TextAttribute.java:43: Superclass
`AttributedCharacterIterator.Attribute' of class `java.awt.font.TextAttribute'
not found.
   public final class TextAttribute extends
AttributedCharacterIterator.Attribute
                                            ^
1 error
make[1]: *** [compile-classes] Error 1