Re: Thoughts on 'reference classes'

From: Archie Cobbs
Subject: Re: Thoughts on 'reference classes'
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 11:30:19 -0800 (PST)

Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > I've been working on a new JVM and trying to figure out how
> > modify the "vm/reference" classpath classes into something that
> > this JVM particular can support.
>
> Fun! Do you have specific needs that non of the current ones fullfill or
> do you just like the challenge?

The main reason is that I just want one of my own for the fun of it! :-)
That also means I understand it and can debug it competently if something
breaks. Other motivations are portability/suitabilty for use on embedded
systems. E.g. I'm tired of programming in C all the time when programming
in Java would be so much nicer, but is not practical for various reasons.

This is a spare time project so it's not getting as many time slices as
I'd like, so don't expect anything useful out of me for a while. However
I would not have considered attempting such a project if Classpath didn't
exist, so.. thanks :-)

Cheers,
-Archie

Archie Cobbs     *     Precision I/O      *     http://www.precisionio.com