Re: TestAWT

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: TestAWT
Date: 06 Mar 2003 18:17:02 -0700

John> But I don't know how to fix it, what is wrong with calling
John> "dispose()" when the OK button is clicked?

I think that is probably what we should do.  Maybe calling hide() is better?
dispose() destroys the peer.

Looking at Sun's javadoc and comparing it to our Dialog.java, it looks
like we are missing code.  Our show() doesn't support modal
operation.  Our hide() and dispose() don't either.

Looking at GtkDialogPeer, it looks like we don't do any event handling
there at all.  And in the native code (..._GtkWindowPeer.c) we don't
seem to handle modality.

Also I notice that the argument to GtkWindow.create is passed directly
to gtk_window_new().  This seems fragile -- it means our Java code has
to have the correct value for gtk constants (which are presumably
opaque).

Tom