Re: [Classpathx-discuss] What about creating javax.sql.*

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] What about creating javax.sql.*
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 11:03:28 -0400

Arnaud Vandyck wrote:

That was what I was looking for! My problem is I want these
implementations whithout the obligation of using the full classpath
project. I wanted to package these for Debian[1]. And I don't know how
to provide jta and jdbc-stdext-2.0 with free software.

So! Is it possible to get jta and jdbc-stdext-2.0 separate from the
full classpath so I can package these for Debian? Is it resonable as a
transition (waiting full feature classpath api - awt and so...-)?

Classpath itself is already packaged for Debian (package name "classpath"), although I'm not sure how up-to-date the package actually is (apt-cache tells me the version is 0.0.4-7, which indicates probably not very, although my system may be dated).

My suggestion would be to cooperate with the Debian classpath package maintainer with regard to (1) updating the package to 0.0.5 or current CVS, and (2) splitting up the package so that the parts you want are available separately.

Even if only (1) can be accomplished, adding a "Depends: something | classpath" should be enough to get you into Main, shouldn't it?

Stuart.

--
Stuart Ballard, Programmer
NetReach - Internet Solutions