RE: java.lang.Class patches

From: Jeroen Frijters
Subject: RE: java.lang.Class patches
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 11:55:10 +0200

Tom Tromey wrote:

> >> Not sure if we really want to be bug compatible in this case.. ?
>
> Jeroen> I think we should, given the fact that Sun says (in the above
> Jeroen> bug report):
>
> Jeroen> "The documentation of Class.newInstance needs to be
> modified to
> Jeroen> document the current behaviour.
>
> If they do document this in the Class documentation, then at
> least our course is clear :-)

Yeah, the but in the mean time we have to keep arguing ;-)

I've attached the patch without the controversial
VMClass.throwException, I would appreciate it if someone could apply
this ASAP, because the current newInstance is seriously broken.

Regards,
Jeroen

Change Log

* java/lang/Class.java
(constructor): Added transient field to cache constructor.
(newInstance): Fixed to consider non-public constructors as well, added
constructor object caching and implemented accessibility check.