RE: FileDescriptor proposal

From: Jeroen Frijters
Subject: RE: FileDescriptor proposal
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 11:04:56 +0200

Anthony Green wrote:
> > It
> > fully encapsulates the file descriptor (apart from
> getNativeFd used by
> > java.nio.*, but I'm ignoring that at the moment).
>
> Yes, it's a big improvement.  Do you know what the plan is
> for java.nio?

No, but I did just notice that FileDescriptor.getNativeFd isn't used
anymore. I think that the nio native code should use JNI reflection to
get at the internals of the FileDescriptor.

getNativeFd and setNativeFd should be removed from FileDescriptor or
getNativeFd should be made private.

Regards,
Jeroen