Re: Another Classpath / Kissme incompatibility

From: David P Grove
Subject: Re: Another Classpath / Kissme incompatibility
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 10:23:39 -0400

Yes, Julian Dolby  and I subscribe to the list and try to keep up with changes in classpath and comment on things that might impact Jikes RVM.

The fixes checked in for FileDescriptor yesterday have classpath cvs head working with Jikes RVM again. Thanks!

We're still seeing problems using classpath cvs head to read large files.  This problem first appeared with the first round of major changes to FileDescriptors in March.  We haven't done the work yet to determine if this problem is Jikes RVM specific or a problem in the classpath libraries.  Since most of our users use Jikes RVM + classpath 0.05 this hasn't been a big issue yet.  One simple test case for what we think might be FileDescriptor related problems  is utf8 test from the Jikes RVM regression tests.  It works on Jikes RVM + classpath 0.05 but fails with Jikes RVM and classpath cvs head.  I've been meaning to try this with kissme + classpath cvs head, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

--dave