java.lang.Class.newInstance() construction caching

From: Alan Macek
Subject: java.lang.Class.newInstance() construction caching
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 09:59:01 -0700

Hello,

As a supplement to the recent constructor caching changes made to
java.lang.Class.newInstance(), I would like to offer the following change
which caches the default constructor more often.  I am new to working with
Classpath and I would like to hear why this change might or might not work.
Please add it to the project if it seems to help.  I have found a
substantial performance increase with this change on code that is using
newInstance().

Cheers,

Alan Macek

-----