Re: Patches waiting to be committed ...

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Patches waiting to be committed ...
Date: 11 Jun 2003 22:07:53 -0600

>>>>> "Stephen" == Stephen Crawley <address@hidden> writes:

Stephen> Yes indeed.  I wrote a test program to create and compare
Stephen> DateFormat instances, and ran on Classpath/Kissme and on
Stephen> various Sun JDKs.

Could you put it into Mauve?  That would be nice.

Stephen> On the second point, this is a temporary issue for me, but
Stephen> there's no reason not to leave the ugly hack in permanently,
Stephen> or at least until the (unlikely) event that someone
Stephen> implements a gtk-peer layer for gtk+1.x!.

I think eventually RHL 7.x will be uninteresting to the world at large
and we'll remove it.  E.g., nobody runs 4.x anymore... at least nobody
building Classpath.  Anyway we don't have to rush into it; the code
will probably sit there for years to come :-)

Tom