Re: Benchmarks (who has the fastest free VM)

From: shudo
Subject: Re: Benchmarks (who has the fastest free VM)
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 22:47:14 +0900 (JST)

> Something to note: At least for IKVM (and I suspect for others as well),
> the floating point benchmarks are probably inflated since I don't think
> it implements FP correctly (i.e. it uses x86 FP and not the JVM model).

The Java 2 JVM model allows double-precision arithmetic in x86 FP
semantics as long as the enclosing method or class is not specified as
`strictfp'.  So, those results are not inflated.

I agree most JVMs have not implemented the FP-strict semantics except
JDK 1.4 and later, BulletTrain (an AOT compiler) and shuJIT.

  Kazuyuki Shudo        address@hidden  http://www.shudo.net/