RE: suggested way to structure changes to String, Float, Double

From: David P Grove
Subject: RE: suggested way to structure changes to String, Float, Double
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:02:08 -0400

Hi,

        I submitted a patch (#1686) for this about two weeks ago.  The change to java.lang.String is actually fairly important for Jikes RVM (our implementation of String.intern is buggy on classpath until this goes in).  Should I resubmit as two patches to make it easier for someone to apply the important one?  The changes to Float and Double are nice minor performance improvements for Jikes RVM, but aren't as critical.

thanks,

--dave