Re: JNI header files

From: Andy Walter
Subject: Re: JNI header files
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:26:52 +0200

Hi Mark,

On Wednesday 16 July 2003 12:44, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> We don't seem to have real build support for creating JNI header files
> but instead have pre-generated .h files in our include file.
> Why is that? We do seem to detect which javah like program the user has
> installed. On my system it correctly detects gcjh.
>
> I would like them to be generated at build time so they won't get out of
> sync by accident.

I assume gcjh is implemented in C? jamaicah is implemented in Java, so we have
a bootstrap problem if we don't checkin the generated headers.

We can solve this by checking in the JNI headers into our own repository only
and remove it from the Classpath repository, but in case other VMs have
similar problems, it might be better to check in the headers.

Cheers,

        Andy.

--
aicas GmbH                                       /"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
Haid-und-Neu-Straße 18 * 76131 Karlsruhe         \ /  No HTML or RTF in mail