Re: JNI header files

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: JNI header files
Date: 16 Jul 2003 14:47:34 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 13:26, Andy Walter wrote:
> I assume gcjh is implemented in C? jamaicah is implemented in Java, so we
> have
> a bootstrap problem if we don't checkin the generated headers.
>
> We can solve this by checking in the JNI headers into our own repository only
> and remove it from the Classpath repository, but in case other VMs have
> similar problems, it might be better to check in the headers.

Good point. kaffeh and gcjh are indeed both C implementations.
Brian said it would be a good thing to supply header files with the
distribution. But a build target to regenerate the files would be nice.
Then it would be easy to check if the checked in files are still
correct. Any takers to hack the make files?