trivial awt patches

From: Jeroen Frijters
Subject: trivial awt patches
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:43:35 +0200

Hi,

At the risk of being ridiculed for a long time, I've got a patch that
improves compatibility with JDK 1.0 AWT code ;-)

I'm (un)fortunate to have some AWT code that was written pre-JDK 1.1
(and is still in use!).

In Component the actual implementation for the "aliased" methods should
be in the 1.0 methods and the 1.1 methods should call the 1.0 methods.
This makes code that overrides the 1.0 methods work correctly (as well
as code that overrides the 1.1 methods, if we always call the 1.1
methods).

Change Log

* java/awt/Component.java
(getPreferredSize): Call preferredSize.
(preferredSize): Moved body of getPreferredSize here.
(getMinimumSize): Call minimumSize.
(minimumSize): Moved body of getMinimumSize here.

* java/awt/Container.java
(validate): Don't validate if there is no peer.

Please apply.

Thanks,
Jeroen