Re: Linux Kongress 2003 in Saarbruecken, Germany

From: Michael Hind
Subject: Re: Linux Kongress 2003 in Saarbruecken, Germany
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:16:37 -0400

> Sascha Brawer <address@hidden> wrote:
> > When it comes to sharing VM internals, I'd be mostly interested about
> > some common compiler infrastructure written in Java, such as a framework
> > for an Intermediate Representation.  But I guess it would be very hard
> > come to an agreemant about how to do it correctly. It might be easier
for
> > other parts, such as assemblers.

Michael Hind wrote
> Although it was designed to be a common infrastructure, the Jikes RVM
> optimizing compiler (JIT) is written in Java, so if someone undertakes
> this project, they may want to look at it as a basis.

Sorry, I should have said "it was *not* designed to be a common infrastructure".

Mike

Michael Hind, Manager, Dynamic Optimization Group, JalapeƱo Project
IBM Watson Research Center
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/h/hind
address@hidden, 914 784-7589, tie: 863-7589
Jikes RVM open source release:  http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/jikesrvm