Re: Patch

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Re: Patch
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:03:58 -0400

Tom Tromey wrote:
I haven't tried this yet.

Is it really necessary?  The fields in the .class file for the
interface are already marked properly, even though they aren't
explicitly marked in the source.  Here's the output from jcf-dump:

Fields (count: 2):
Field name:"DECLARED" public static final Signature: 6=int
Attribute "ConstantValue", length:2, value: #7=<Integer 1>
Field name:"PUBLIC" public static final Signature: 6=int
Attribute "ConstantValue", length:2, value: #10=<Integer 0>

How odd. That suggests a bug in Jode, although it must be an obscure one :( - unless jcf-dump is lying because *it* knows the modifiers are implied, which is possible, I guess, but I doubt it.

I'd still be curious to know if the patch fixes the problem, because it would hint as to whether the Jode problem lies in correctly identifying the modifiers, or in determining the ConstantValue attribute.

Stuart.

--
Stuart Ballard, Senior Web Developer
FASTNET - Web Solutions