Re: [kaffe] NIO in classpath

From: Guilhem Lavaux
Subject: Re: [kaffe] NIO in classpath
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 16:16:12 +0200

Timothy Stack wrote:

On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 01:06 AM, Guilhem Lavaux wrote:

Hi !

hi,

I joined Kaffe developers recently and I am currently fixing things here and there. One of my current projects is to get a valid NIO implementation in Kaffe/Classpath. As I have already some work done (FileChannels on Kaffe, I may port these code to JNI) I was wondering if someone else is working on it...

What aspect are you working on? Writing the java level code or porting the threading system(s)?

I was planting everything in Kaffe: I begun updating the subthreading to include the new required syscalls (easy) and FileChannel implementation (working but I need to test it against Java NIO's specification), Pipe is on the way. I have modified some parts of Classpath's implementation to match the necessities of Unix's limitations (for mmap() particularly). But maybe I will wait until Michael releases his own code to see how different it is.

   Cheers,
   Guilhem.

Cheers,

Guilhem.