Re: createTempFile()

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: createTempFile()
Date: 26 Jul 2003 16:05:06 -0600

>>>>> "Torsten" == Torsten Rupp <address@hidden> writes:

Torsten> That means the current implementation returns all the time a
Torsten> temporary file with a filename of the pattern 8+3. Long
Torsten> prefixed are rejected by an exception. Is this behaviour ok?
Torsten> What do you think?

I'd prefer to have long names usable on systems where they exist.

Torsten> If that is not accepable, how to distinguish different system
Torsten> capabilities in the right way? Is there some property or
Torsten> something else which can be used?

You can always check to see if the directory separator is "\".
A lot of these things have been worked out in the libgcj java.io.File.
Merging the two would be nice -- I think I heard Michael Koch talking
about this :-)

Tom