Re: Bug report: java.util.GregorianCalendar

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Bug report: java.util.GregorianCalendar
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 23:42:20 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 08:58, Ito Kazumitsu wrote:
> In message "Re: Bug report: java.util.GregorianCalendar"
>     on 03/08/28, Ito Kazumitsu <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > And I have found another bug shown by the attached program.
> > This bug seems to have something to do with leap yeas.
> > If this bug is fixed, my patch about the WEEK_OF_MONTH will
> > work.
>
> This is my patch for this bug.

Thanks again!
I added your observation about the first day of the month to the test.
But Jochen his email indicated that for Julian dates we also need to
correct some things. So I also added tests for that. The resulting Mauve
tests is attached. And the results with your patches applied gives:

FAIL: gnu.testlet.java.util.GregorianCalendar.first: day 1-12-1400 (number 1)
got 2 but expected 1
FAIL: gnu.testlet.java.util.GregorianCalendar.first: week 1-12-1400 (number 1)
got 2 but expected 1
FAIL: gnu.testlet.java.util.GregorianCalendar.first: day 1-12-1404 (number 1)
got 2 but expected 1
3 of 312 tests failed