Re: Bug report: java.util.GregorianCalendar

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Bug report: java.util.GregorianCalendar
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 19:41:37 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 23:42, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> I added your observation about the first day of the month to the test.
> But Jochen his email indicated that for Julian dates we also need to
> correct some things. So I also added tests for that. The resulting Mauve
> tests is attached. And the results with your patches applied gives:
>
> FAIL: gnu.testlet.java.util.GregorianCalendar.first: day 1-12-1400 (number 1)
> got 2 but expected 1
> FAIL: gnu.testlet.java.util.GregorianCalendar.first: week 1-12-1400 (number 1)
> got 2 but expected 1
> FAIL: gnu.testlet.java.util.GregorianCalendar.first: day 1-12-1404 (number 1)
> got 2 but expected 1
> 3 of 312 tests failed

It seems that email to the classpath mailinglist is very slow again (I
didn't got this message back through the list yet) but I already found
my own thinko:

    for (int year = startYear; year <= startYear + 5; year++)
      for (int month = 0; month <= 12; month++)

month <= 12, should be month < 12.

With that your patches make GregorianCalendar pass all these tests.
We still need to look at tests for overflow/roll-over for days and
months since that should actually work correctly. But if you are
confident that these changes are correct then we can check these in now.

BTW. We can accept small one-liners like the above without worrying
about copyrights. But if you want to contribute bigger changes, please
see http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/docs/hacking.html#SEC2 and/or
contact me off-list so we can make sure all your contributions can be
easily and quickly accepted.

Thanks,