Re: extended peers

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: extended peers
Date: 11 Sep 2003 08:39:32 -0400

Sascha Brawer <address@hidden> writes:

> java.awt.graphicsenv = "sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment"
> java.awt.printerjob = "sun.print.PSPrinterJob"
> sun.java2d.fontpath = ""

I believe there used to be a system property which told the Sun JVM
which peers to use, so for example if everything was implemented in
this unpublished peer interface you could plug these into Sun's JVM.
In that sense, the java.awt.peer classes act as the public facade to
internal private peer implementations such as the GTK peers we have
today.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>