BitwiseXORComposite

From: Sascha Brawer
Subject: BitwiseXORComposite
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:10:03 +0200

Hi,

what do people think about moving Graydon's
GdkGraphics2D.BitwiseXORComposite class into gnu.java.awt?  Emulating
bitwise XOR in a Composite could be useful for many Graphics
implementations, and the code does not depend on GDK.

A proposal is attached. I've taken the liberty to write a bit of JavaDoc
around Graydon's class, and I've made an optimization for INT_RGB
rasters, reducing execution time by about 90% in the common case. There's
also a small modification to Graydon's general-case code that saves 1-2%
execution time (search for "rpPix").

'BitwiseXORCompositeTest' is a benchmark/test application. Feel free to
include this into whatever other testing code there may be floating around.

I'd be quite glad if someone familiar with java.awt.image could review my
code, especially the IntContext.isSupported method at the very end of the
file "BitwiseXORComposite.java".

Best regards,

-- Sascha

Sascha Brawer, address@hidden, http://www.dandelis.ch/people/brawer/