Re: HTML-Rendering engine written in Java?

From: Jim Pick
Subject: Re: HTML-Rendering engine written in Java?
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 09:57:37 -0700

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 20:32:27 +0200
Clemens Eisserer <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks a lot, it seems that this is exactly what I was searching for.
> Althought I dont have many time now,because of some commercial stuff
> that needs to be done until december...
> But this seems the best thing available.
>
> Thanks a lot, Clemens

I've been playing with it a bit -- I used to have a "skin" for it that
only ran the web browser, and nothing else.

Unfortunately, the build system is really, really, incomprehensible.  I
think I'm going to spend a bit of time trying to cut it down and get it
to a sane state where somebody might be motivated to adopt it.  The way
it is currently, I don't think anybody will want to touch it, which is a
shame, since it does a better job on a lot of web pages than the Swing
widget.

> PS: Greetings from J.Mehlitz,i talked with him by phone.

 :-)

Cheers,

 - Jim