Re: Classpath java.nio.charset.CharsetDecoder documentation.

From: Sascha Brawer
Subject: Re: Classpath java.nio.charset.CharsetDecoder documentation.
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 09:56:59 +0200

Ricky Clarkson <address@hidden> wrote on Sun, 21 Sep
2003 23:42:45 +0100:

>Please find attached a patch which is the result of diff -u <original
>CharsetDecoder.java> <my CharsetDecoder.java>.
>
>Also please find attached a similar patch for Changelog.
>
>Feedback on this would be welcome, and would mean less time would be
>wasted when I get around to CharsetEncoder and others.

I find your documentation very legible. If someone wanted to contribute a
charset decoder to Classpath, they now should be able to do this just
from your docs. Very many thanks for your hard work!

Just a few minor remarks: The default implementation of
CharsetDecoder.isAutoDetecting() returns false, not true (line 683). The
'Copyright (C) 2002' should be changed to 'Copyright (C) 2002, 2003'
(line 2), and you'd want to include a <p> before "Instances of this
class..." (line 124).

Best regards, and thanks again,

-- Sascha

Sascha Brawer, address@hidden, http://www.dandelis.ch/people/brawer/