Re: NYIException

From: Andy Walter
Subject: Re: NYIException
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:50:20 +0200

Hi Brian,

On Friday 26 September 2003 00:43, Brian Jones wrote:
> > [NotYetImplementedException]
>
> Not sure we even need the extra exception type, just finding all the
> spots to throw the UnsupportedOperationException and doing that would
> probably be more than enough.

The motivation is that, while we currently cannot even tell what methods are
missing, with such a NotYetImplementedException and subclasses
NotYetImplementedException_1_2, NotYetImplementedException_1_3, and
NotYetImplementedException_1_4 we would be able to write a script similar to
JAPI tools that gives an overview about how complete Classpath is according
to a certain JDK specification. We'd like to go through the classes and
annotate what features are not yet implemented (completely). When we do it
this way, it is no additional effort to annotate the corresponding
specification version, which will be some really valueable information in the
future.

Cheers,

        Andy.

--
aicas GmbH
Haid-und-Neu-Straße 18 * 76131 Karlsruhe