RE: NYIException

From: Regier Avery J
Subject: RE: NYIException
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:57:09 -0500

There is a semantic difference between something not supported, and something
not implemented.  There are iterators where I purposely throw an
UnsupportedOperationException() for remove() because it would be impossible to
do.  That is very different from a NotYetImplementedException which tells the
programmer that they should be able to do this, but not quite yet.

Perhaps the default message for the NotYetImplementedException should be
"patches welcome."

--Avery