Re: NotYetImplementedError [Was: NYIException]

From: Etienne Gagnon
Subject: Re: NotYetImplementedError [Was: NYIException]
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:10:00 -0400

Just a little note:

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 02:32:49PM +1000, Stephen Crawley wrote:
> I cannot see for the life of me where you are got this "different
> semantics" idea from.  The documentation for the exception defines its
> semantics as:

The semantic difference comes from the inheritance hierarchy.
java.lang.Exception is documented as:

The class Exception and its subclasses are a form of Throwable that
indicates conditions that a reasonable application might want to
catch.

A reasonable application should not expect a "standard" method not to
be yet implemented, IMHO.

Etienne

--
Etienne M. Gagnon, Ph.D.             http://www.info.uqam.ca/~egagnon/