RE: [really patch] Re: HashMap putAll/putAllInternal bug

From: David Holmes
Subject: RE: [really patch] Re: HashMap putAll/putAllInternal bug
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 08:15:32 +1000

Stuart Ballard wrote:
> because the code that's causing a problem is in HashMap,
> not AbstractMap, and it applies
> when a Map of my type is passed to putAll() on a HashMap.
Stuart I apologize. I had misunderstood the exact nature and source of
the problem. I agree that both Abstractmap and HashMap putAll methods
should use hasNext() of the target collections iterator, not it's
size() method. In fact those methods should use nothing other than the
target collection's iterator as specified in AbstractMap.

David Holmes