Re: CVS configure.in is broken

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: CVS configure.in is broken
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 10:31:22 +0200

Mark Wielaard wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 19:52, Dalibor Topic wrote:

apparently the configure.in in CVs is broken. I tried the
aclocal; autoheader; automake; autoconf
routine as recommended in the HACKING document, but it doesn't work: aclocal complains about

aclocal: configure.in: 134: macro `AM_PATH_GTK_2_0' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 137: macro `AM_PATH_GLIB_2_0' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 140: macro `AM_PATH_LIBART' not found in library

and it's all down from there ;)

Also from the HACKING document:

        the following are required.
- GTK+ 2.x.x
                - libart_lgpl 2.1.0

Those packages should provide the missing AM_ macros.

Not in my HACKING document ;) There is says:

For building the JNI native libraries, the following are required.

        - GTK+ 2.x.x
        - libart_lgpl 2.1.0
- gdk-pixbuf (Only needed if you want to compile the native library)

But as I don't want to build the JNI libraries, I figured I wouldn't need it ;)

Anyway, thanks, I'll fetch them just for the macros. Any idea where the macros hide in those packages?

Stupid question no 2: why aren't those macros in the CVS archive? They are not generated files, as far as I can tell. Installing gtk2, glib2 and libart just to be able to compile Classpath's java classes with jikes seems like a bit of overkill ;)

cheers,
dalibor topic