Re: Revolution Action (was: Re: [Little Off Topic] Revolution is on ; ))

From: Chris Gray
Subject: Re: Revolution Action (was: Re: [Little Off Topic] Revolution is on ; ))
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 12:20:44 +0100

I wrote to my contact as follows:

CG> I understand that  Tom Tromey is already scheduled to do a talk on gcj at
CG> Fosdem 2004.  There is also considerable interest from the rest of the
open
CG> source Java community, certainly enough to justify a BOF and IMO probably
CG> enough to justify a "lightweight thread" of some kind - e.g. a sub-block
CG> within the embedded space. For example we could have short presentations
from
CG> some of the open source Java projects Out There (Classpath, ikvm, jaos,
CG> kaffe, wonka...) and some kind of discussion of the burning issues wrt
Java
CG> and open source (JCP, JCK, SCSL).  I'd be willing to act as organiser.

and he replied that he'd forward this to the Program Comittee with a
recommendation that they accept it.  (Sorry for forgetting SableVM, I won't
do it again Etienne ...)  If people have other ideas then I'm sure we can
work them out with the Program Comittee once the basic idea has been accepted.

> How many people want to attend (Brussels, Belgium, the weekend of 21-22
> February 2004)? If I followed the messages and irc discussions correctly
> then Arnaud, Chris, Tom, Dalibor, Stephane, Michael and myself will be
> there at least.

Haven't heard from Jeroen recently ... I know someone who's doing research
using Jikes RVM, maybe we could find someone from that group too.

Best wishes

--
Chris Gray                                  /k/ Embedded Java Solutions
Embedded & Mobile Java, OSGi              http://www.kiffer.be/k/