Re: ZipFile bug

From: Archie Cobbs
Subject: Re: ZipFile bug
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 17:49:39 -0600 (CST)

Michael Koch wrote:
> I dont checked if the JDK reads the file or only the directory entry.
> /dev/null is no normal file. its a char driver:
>
> crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root       1,   3 2003-10-29 11:18 /dev/null
>
> ZipFile uses RandomAccessFile and this should throw an exception if
> the file is not a regular file and char driver files are not regular
> files.

/dev/null was just an example. Using any normal non-ZIP file gives
the same results.

So I guess RandomAccessFile is broken too? Well that's a different
question. Some might argue that /dev/null *should* appear as a normal
file... ?

I agree that just reading the magic number (first four bytes) would
be plenty sufficient.

Cheers,
-Archie

Archie Cobbs     *    Halloo Communications    *     http://www.halloo.com