Re: Revolution Action (was: Re: [Little Off Topic] Revolution ison ; ))

From: Grzegorz B. Prokopski
Subject: Re: Revolution Action (was: Re: [Little Off Topic] Revolution ison ; ))
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 04:37:46 -0500

W liście z pią, 12-12-2003, godz. 16:49, Mark Wielaard pisze:
> Fosdem people are kind of hard to get hold off. Tried sending email to
> several addresses, but only yesterday got a small response. I did tell
> them that we are expecting at least 10 people already so that it would
> be nice to have a developer room were people can meet/hack/discuss. Will
> let you know if I get any reply. They said there would be a meeting next
> week to discuss Fosdem planning and requests from the community. So
> please try to contact them with ideas soon.

I think it's really great opportunity for Free Java folks to meet.
I don't mean that we need to separate ourselves from all the rest of the
meeting ;) but it would certainely be good if we had our place.

In fact - I'd be very happy to be able to give a presentation about
SableVM during FOSDEM. There's a whole bunch of technical things that
are quite hard to explan and show via email or IRC so I view it as
a great opportunity to actually get down to strictly technical matters.

I was evaluating 3 possibilities (in order of my preference):
1. Give complete SableVM presentation in "Free Java" track
2. Get into "unofficial talks" section
3. Narrow the presentation a bit and get into "Embedded" track

Now - I am not sure how I should proceed from here.

But I am certain that I would want to utilze my time during FOSDEM in
the best ways and, because I view this as one of these ways,
- I'd be rather unhappy if this didn't work out because of some
oversight on my side.

Opinions? Advices?

                                        Grzegorz B. Prokopski

--