Re: FYI: Patch: java.awt.image.PixelGrabber

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: FYI: Patch: java.awt.image.PixelGrabber
Date: 05 Jan 2004 14:05:36 -0700

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:

Mark> Lets keep asserts out of Classpath sources for now since by default not
Mark> all compilers support it. But I do like to see them in the future if we
Mark> can actually use them more then in one or two spots.

Personally I'd like to see us push the envelope a little and allow
`assert'.

The lurking issue here is choosing a source language version.  For API
coverage it is ok to do what we've been doing, namely not pick a
version and let things float toward the latest release.  This doesn't
work too well for the source version though.

This is going to bite us big time when generics are introduced.

Tom