Re: Fwd: Quadratic and cubic equations

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Fwd: Quadratic and cubic equations
Date: 08 Jan 2004 11:34:38 -0700

>>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew Haley <address@hidden> writes:

Andrew> It looks to me like this is a test of exact java strictfp
Andrew> compliance.  gcj fails, because it isn't strictfp compliant.

On top of that, to guarantee the same results everywhere we would need
to declare both the test case and the code in Classpath `strictfp'.
That incurs a performance penalty on some platforms.  I'm not sure it
is worthwhile.  Do more-exact results matter that much in this code?

Tom