Re: JIT pluggability

From: Niranjan Suri
Subject: Re: JIT pluggability
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 01:00:12 -0600

Hi All,

I wanted to point out some existing work in this area - OpenJIT 2 - being
developed at the Tokyo Institute of Technology by Fuyuhiko Maruyama. Here is
a link to his research page:
http://matsu-www.is.titech.ac.jp/~maruyama/research.html

Fuyuhiko's research is primarily focused on developing VM-independent JIT
compilers. To this end, he is experimenting with several VMs including the
Aroma VM (a research VM primarily developed by me).

So far, I have been a passive observer on the Classpath list. However, I
would be interested in contributing to an effort to define such a standard
interface. If there is a spinoff group, please let me know.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Niranjan
Niranjan Suri                                            address@hidden
Institute for Human & Machine Cognition              40 S. Alcaniz St.
University of West Florida                         Pensacola, FL 32502