FYI: Patch: file stuff

From: Michael Koch
Subject: FYI: Patch: file stuff
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 23:49:22 +0100

Hi list,

I wanna start a new trend on this mailing list now. I wanna ask for approving
the attached patch. This patch fixes two bugs with files.

1) java.io.File.list() uses an internal method called listInternal(). This
methods returns null in the error case. list() now converts this to a
String[0] array which is similar to an empty directory. This behaviour is
incorrect. We should return the null in the error case.

2) Java_java_io_File_listInternal doest release local references to a newly
created string. This patch fixes this.

Please review and comment.

mjw: Okay to commit ?

Michael

2004-01-10  Michael Koch  <address@hidden>

        * java/io/File.java
        (list): Return null in error case.
        * native/jni/java-io/java_io_File.c
        (Java_java_io_File_listInternal): release local reference.