Re: Patch: logging.properties

From: Michael Koch
Subject: Re: Patch: logging.properties
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:06:39 +0100

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 07:51:43AM +0100, Sascha Brawer wrote:
> Michael Koch <address@hidden> wrote on Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:10:25 +0100:
>
> >I thought about merged logging.properties from libgcj. I wrote the attached
> >patch for this.
> >
> >Please review and comment. Any better ideas ?
>
> Would you mind explaining why exactly this patch is needed? Thanks.

This patch is needed to add logging.properties. This file describes and
overrides the built-in defaults for java.util.logging.  It's needed to let
administrators overwrite the defaults on a global basis.

JDK/JRE does it this way, libgcj does it this way and classpath should
too. At least to get compatible in this way.

Michael